A leading manufacturer of beauty care products implemented an aggressive corporate sustainability program focused on eliminating landfill use.
- Products include anti-perspirants/deodorants, hand and body lotions, facial care products, and professional haircare products.
- Operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Australia.
- $700 million in global revenue.
- 30,00 employees worldwide.
Business Situation (The Challenge)
The company required secure destruction services for one-million pounds of off-spec product. It was seeking a landfill avoidance option that would enable it to meet corporate sustainability initiatives, while reducing its overall carbon footprint.
More specifically, the company needed to move 25 truckloads in a three-day period, from distribution center to a disposal facility. A certificate of destruction was required for all shipments.
Vexor Technology provided a single-source solution to both the company’s transportation and product destruction needs. Our services included:
- Complete brand protection.
- Reduction of liability.
- Destroyed product has no route of re-entry to the marketplace.
- 24-hour video surveillance and barcode tracking for peace of mind.
- True zero-landfill option to meet corporate sustainability program initiatives.
- Scheduled sealed trucks to move entire inventory quickly and efficiently within specified time frame.
Vexor Technology protected the company’s brand image while providing it with a cost-effective waste management solution. The solution combined security with the long-term liability reduction of Vexor Engineered Fuel®.